- Proof of U.S. citizenship required to register to vote.
- Reining in and securing absentee voting, including prohibiting acceptance of ballots after election day, imposing rigorous signature and witness requirements, restricting the duration of the absentee voting period, requiring justifications to receive an absentee ballot, and creating chain of custody rules.
Protecting Individual Liberty During a Pandemic:
- Reining in COVID crackdowns, including preventing mandatory vaccinations, preventing overly broad shutdowns of business, keeping houses of worship open, and keeping state capitols open so the public can attend and observe their legislative sessions.
Immigration Enforcement and Jobs Protection:
- Immigration omnibus bill, including multiple provisions that legislators may select: prohibiting sanctuary cities, taxing remittances by illegal aliens to their home countries, requiring law enforcement officers to check the immigration status of those they pull over on the road (e.g., AZ SB 1070), denying bail to illegal aliens arrested for crimes, denying public benefits to illegal aliens, and prohibiting businesses from deducting as business expenses wages paid to illegal aliens).
- Making E-Verify Mandatory (needs to be drafted to track the Supreme Court decision in Whiting v. Chamber of Commerce).
- Prohibiting educational institutions and organizations that teach critical race theory from receiving state funds or state contracts.
Protecting Girls Sports:
- Protecting girls from having to compete against biological men in sports.
Now that the Democrats control the White House and both chambers of Congress, states are the primary avenue for America-First legislation to be enacted.
Each red state (a Republican-controlled trifecta) presents unique opportunities for the America-First legislative priorities.